Sunday, 4 July 2010

Three Wishes

Was writing this when listening to Three Wishes by The Pierces.
I always wonder what I would wish for, if I had been granted three wishes.
I have seen the world through my eyes, which felt so enriching and different than other people had already seen. I have met many people from the most interesting, down to the most boring ones. I have loved and lost love, which according to Tennyson would have fitted to the famous quotes. Seriously, three wishes?
If one day a Genie of some sort comes to me and granted me the opportunity to wish for three things, it would take me a whole lotta time to think about. Maybe I should ask for plenty of money in order to see more of the world, to set foot on the most off-the-grid dots on the map, to fund my PhD dissertation, to buy me a house, to buy my mom a white Mercedes she had always wanted. Maybe I should ask for a great archaeological job (which hopefully comes along with a good paycheck) so I can be regarded as one of the infamous international archaeologists as I had always wanted, in order to make all of my ‘friends’ who think that I am too naive to ‘follow my dreams instead of working at the bank.’ Maybe I should ask for a perfect guy who matches all of my potential-husband requirements, settling down with him, have five babies, two dogs, and a beach house, and still working as an archaeologist.
Ha, three wishes....
What’s yours?