Friday, 9 December 2011

The Baby Blanket

Okay,
so this is the post where I am supposed to explain and elaborate on how do I actually work on my baby blanket project. As you may have already read, I am applying the techniques of classic granny squares to all the squares that I will join into one huge blanket; as huge as 130cm x 91cm.





Each squares are done in 10 rounds of granny pattern which equals to 13cm x 13cm, if using the rayon yarn I bought from a local yarn seller. I have been in love with her type of rayon yarn since EVER!! and to think that she got a whole lotta colours to choose from is AMAZING. As the centrepiece I am using the variated colours of light blue and pink and as the border, I am using light yellow.

There are squares with only 5-rounds of blue-pink and 8-rounds of blue-pink. I want to border ALL these squares with yellow, so I won't have problems when joining them into a blanket.

Here's what it looks like for the bordered square:




I started sewing them from the centre part of the blanket. I have to prepare 26 pieces of 5-rounds blue-pink squares and the rest is the 8-rounds blue-pink squares to obtain the desired measurements. Long way to go.

And, CONFESSION:
I have been shopping for new yarn colours AGAIN. :P