Tuesday, 10 July 2012

languages a la LiveMocha



I have discovered LiveMocha a few months back when I have the URGE to learn Greek in an immediate manner. Signed up using my FaceBook account and started that GreekPack 101 Unit 1 Lesson 1 and love it right away. It certainly covers the basics of learning a language. Plus, you get to help other people too and earning points to crack the 'paid' lessons of your choice. Awesome!

So far, I had to quit LiveMocha-ing because of my limitations to internet access a few weeks back. Then I started to forgot my Greek, I get really slow reading in Greek alphabets, and I hate it. So, last night, I re-Greek-ed myself and started from the beginning: καλημέρα, τι κανεις, and others... Ha, I even forgot which alphabet correlates to which in my keyboards. Yep, I have set up my keyboard to Greek polytonic set using MultiKey, which can be downloaded for free here. It's just wonderful to have MultiKey in my laptop's features. I can do French-keyboard, German-keyboard, and most importantly: Greek polytonics.This little software features Latin, Polytonic Greek, Modern Greek, Cyrillic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, Arabic, Syriac, Devanagari, Hiragana, Katakana, Ethiopic, Runic, Ogham, Gothic, Old Italic, Ugariti. AWESOME, no???? One day they should make one with Javanese and Balinese scripts too.

Have fun learning languages!!