Sunday, 2 February 2014

Flower Power Coaster

Hiya!
As the Awesome Puff Sofa Throw (Part 1, Part 2, and the Finale) project is nearing its finishing, I am in search for another square patterns to work on my next project - my own bedspread-slash-blanket. I know, I know, I have been going here and there and casting on and casting off stitches to find that one perfect pattern to make my own personal bedspread-slash-blanket.

I came across this blog upon my search on Pinterest - and I fell in love with the pattern! When I made the initial trial square using this pattern, it just hit me that it looks so much like Yorkshire's white rose. So, I did came up with an idea for my personal bedspread-slash-blanket, but I am not sharing it here now. I'll reserve that for later.

Right now, I am making a sampler out of the pattern using big ply cotton yarns and I came up with this:



it's not done, as I left out squaring the flower, but this result looks really good as a coaster. It's just a sampler, anyways. I wanted to see how it would turn out if worked using big ply cotton. You can make a set of coasters using different colours, which I am sure will light up your tables too. :)

Original pattern can be found here.